Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Venice, Italy

       Hey! I'm glad you're back to read more of my posts. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them.

       When we lived in Germany, we traveled a lot. We decided to go to Venice, Italy, during our summer break. Venice is a beautiful place,;it's hard to pick one word to describe Venice. Just calling it beautiful doesn't even do it justice. It takes your breath away. Venice is known for its blend of romance, art, and of course, water. If you are ever in Italy, you have to go to Venice.

       The water canals is part of what makes Venice so beautiful. If you are ever in Venice, one thing you must try is going for a gondola ride. They are very romantic, and it lets you see a great side of Venice.
Here are some pictures I took while I went for a ride on one of the gondolas.

 

      The best time to be in Venice is during Carnival of Venice (Italian: Carnevale di Venezia).  It starts 40 days before Easter, and the last party is before Ash Wednesday and Lent. Everyone dresses up in gowns and wear really pretty masks. Sadly, I wasn't able to go to Venice during Carnival, but I hope one day in my future I'll be able to.

          Besides all the sightseeing, my favorite thing to do in Venice is eat ice cream and feed the birds. There is a square in Venice that you can go to and feed the birds. They use to sell corn to you, but now its illegal for them to do that. So I like to get ice cream, and usually when you get ice cream they give you a wafer, and I crumble it up and feed the birds. It's so fun! The birds aren't shy either as soon as they see you feeding them, you'll have at least 15 birds surrounding you.
 
         One place you have to go before you leave is the Rialto Bridge (Ponte di Rialto). It's one of my favorite bridges. I think it has one of the best views from the top of it. You can go and see a really good sunset there too. On your way to the bridge, you'll pass a lot of little shops surrounding the bridge and a bunch of souvenir places too. This bridge is a must see if you travel to Venice. When you get to the top of the bridge, you can see the Grand Canal from a great view and watch as the gondolas pass by.


         My next blog will be about Rome, Italy. Another one of my favorite places. I've been to Rome twice now. It's an amazing city!

No comments:

Post a Comment