Thursday, October 24, 2013

Florence, Italy

        Hey there guys! This is my last post. I hope you've enjoyed them. I'm not the best writer, but I'm trying to be better. Thanks for reading!!

       Now to talk about Florence. Well Florence is a great place for shopping!! If you love pashmina scarves, they have them everywhere, and for a really cheap price. Also Florence is known for their leather; you can find some of the best leather there. When you go to buy some of their leather items, you can put your initials in what ever leather item you buy. They use gold, for no extra cost, and imprint whatever letters you want in that item. For example, I bought a very nice leather belt for 30 Euros and I had my initials, KNW, put in the belt, and it was gold! I thought it was a really cool idea. Here's an example:

      Now you can't just go to Florence for the shopping. You have to see some of the historical sights there. One of the main things you have to go see is the statue of David made by Michelangelo. It was built in the 1500 and is still in amazing condition. It's a 17 foot statue made of marble. He is located in Galleria dell Accademia. If you go to Galleria dell Accademia, you will see other great statues, just like David, and there are paintings from the 13th-17th century. Its a great museum to go to!
      Another place to go visit is Piazza della Signoria. Florence's most famous square is Piazza della Signoria there is a mini sculpture exhibit outside. There is also a replica of David here. It's very pretty, and the sculptures are interesting to look at. I love how much detail they put into the sculptures.


       Ponte Vecchio is another great place to go see. It means old bridge in Italian. It was built in the 1300s. It was Florence's first bridge and is the only surviving bridge from Florence's medieval days. If you go, there are a ton of shops along the bridge, and there is a great view of the Arno River.
       Well that's it for this post. I hope you guys really enjoyed my post. I hope you travel to Italy one day and see these beautiful sights. Trust me, you won't regret it!! If you have any question's feel free to contact me through here, just leave a comment. Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment