Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Rome, Italy

         Hey there!! I hope you are having a great week!! My week was pretty good. Thanks for reading!!

         So where to start, Rome is another amazingly beautiful place. Rome has better sights to see than Venice does; when it comes to landmarks. The top 5 places you have to visit while you are in Rome are the Spanish Steps (Scalinata di Trinita dei Monti), The Pantheon, The Colosseum (Colosseo), St. Peter's Square (Piazza san Pietro), and, of course, the Trevi Fountain (Fontana di Trevi). There are many other sights to see, but those are the ones that you have to make sure you see before you leave.

        The Spanish Steps got their name from the Spanish Embassy. During the summer, they divide the stairs with flowers. Before you go up the stairs, there is a really pretty fountain at the bottom. It's really a beautiful sight. When you go to the top of the stairs, there is a exquisite church.


         The Pantheon is another magnificent place. The Romans say its one of their best preserved buildings. It was set on fire before, and yet it still looks amazing.

        The Colosseum is one of the most famous ancient monuments in Rome. When you go to the Colosseum, I suggest you go for a tour. When you go for a tour, you get to go down some of the locked stairways, and you get to hear about all the historical things that happened there. Its truly a beautiful sight. The Colosseum is one of my favorite places to go when I'm in Rome.
 
 
 

           St. Peters Square is just gorgeous! It really is a true beauty. I love the way it looks. The single rows of columns. Its amazing.

 
        
          Last, but not least, The Trevi Fountain. When you go you are suppose to throw a coin in the fountain to secure your return to Rome. I've been to Rome twice, and every time I go, I make sure I throw a coin in the fountain.  Here's a picture of me throwing my coin in.

           The detail that was put into the fountain is just absolutely amazing. It's one of my favorite sights. If you go there at night, it's even prettier. They lite the whole fountain up.
 
            We'll that's all for this post. My next post will be about Pisa. When I went to Naples, Italy, I was surprised how much it reminded me of Greece. I'll explain why in my next post. Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment